Energy-efficiency project in the UNED university campuses with IoT technology and artificial intelligence
Sport Venues & Campus
- Reduce and optimise energy consumption, especially in empty spaces.
- Maintaining pre-comfort conditions that, in turn, avoid cost overruns by reducing or raising the temperatures of spaces when unoccupied.
- Installation of sensors through Internet of Things (IoT) technology to collect, transmit and monitor data, mainly related to detecting occupancy, temperatures and light intensity.
- Implementation of a new module in the UNED Information System that use artificial intelligence algorithms to analyse the information provided by the sensors and control the actuators of the lighting and air-conditioning systems.
- It is estimated that the improvement in energy efficiency could amount to at least 15% across all UNED buildings.