SOLARE2RF – Powering and efficient cooling of radiofrequency sites (2015-2017)
- Study of the optimization of air flows for a more efficient cooling.
- Cooling manager, based on weather forecasting and expected energy consumption for the RF site, thus optimizing the use of cooling systems to minimize energy consumption while keeping the technical requirements.
- Hybrid power generation system combining solar photovoltaic power, backup generator set and power storage to provide security and quality of supply at the lowest cost and environmental impact.
- Energy Management System (EMS) that controls the hybrid power generation system and the electric cooling load, so that takes into account the forecasts of photovoltaic generation and forecasts of total electricity consumption to optimize the loading and battery discharge and operation of the backup generator set.
- Development of a tool for planning and defining the scope of the system components. From parameters such as energy requirements, location and energy prices, this tool performs a technical and economic study of each site to size and optimize the dimensions of the photovoltaic system, the battery capacity and the cooling system.